A DOG’S NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS
- I will exercise self control in the following areas:The need to meet mommy halfway when she bends down to kiss me and head-butting her. I think her friends are starting to question her explanations of the black eyes or bruises on her face with “The dog hit me.”
- Barking right next to mommy’s ear. By her reaction, I don’t think she enjoys it much.
- Freaking out when the low battery beep starts in one of the smoke alarms.
- Pushing down my brother cat in the attempt to make him squeak like my other toys.
- Stretching out across the bed and then pretend to be dead asleep every time mommy gets up to go to the bathroom. I just like hearing the funny noises mom makes when trying to push me off her side. Sometimes, I win and she just drops down on the foot of the bed.
Pretending to pee every couple of minutes to get mommy’s attention and also a pee-treat (baby carrot, yum).
- Squeezing in between Tom and Mom whenever they are together so that they pay all their attention to me and not each other.
- Chasing bunnies and pretending that I can’t hear mom calling me or telling me to stop.
- Rushing mom every morning as soon as she gets out of bed by whining very loudly. I will try to give her 5 minutes to get ready before I start to push her along.
- Eating bunny poo. I swear they must add sweetener to it because it is just so yummy. But it makes mommy upset because then I have pudding poo.
- Walking as I make several piles of poo. I thought I was being creative but mommy and Titi complain about running out of bags and having to pick up several piles with the same bag. I say, think ahead and bring out at least 20 bags.