PEANUT BUTTER PUMPKIN DOG TREATS
> 1/2 14 oz canned pumpkin
> 3 Tbsp peanut butter
> 4 egg whites or 2 whole eggs
> 1/2 tsp salt (the salt can be left out – I’ve done it both ways and it doesn’t effect Bear’s enjoyment in the slightest. If you’re more health conscious, you may choose to omit this ingredient)
> 1/2 tsp cinnamon
> 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
> 3 cups whole wheat flour
1) Preheat oven to 350 (convection)
2) Add pumpkin to your eggs (whites), Peanut Butter, salt, cinnamon and water. Mix together.
3) Now slowly add your 3 cups of whole wheat flour with the mixer on
** NOTE: You will need to add a little more water to get all the flour incorporated. For me it was another 1/4 cup. This is a very dry dough
4) Place the dough on a cutting surface and cut it into 4 equal pieces.
5) Roll into logs of 1 inch diameter – you do not need to let this dough rest
6) Cut into 1/2 inch pieces. I got 61 Bear-Bite-sized pieces
7) Prep 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper and distribute the biscuits evenly
8) Bake for 30 minutes for semi hard bites. You can bake them a little longer if you want some more crunch.
Store the way you would store most cookies – in a sealed tin, jar orTupperware container.
These cookies do not need to be refrigerated.
Keep your tails wagging
FOR MORE GREAT DOG TREAT RECIPES VISIT: http://bearsp4ws.blogspot.com/2013/06/yummy-peanut-butter-pumpkin-bites.html