Thanksgiving is around the corner. Here is a list of safe holiday foods that you can give your pal if you want him to celebrate the holiday with you or help out with some Thanksgiving leftovers.
- Yes/turkey. Make sure to remove skin, fat and bones. White meat is best.
- Yes/potatoes. Careful with what may be in mashed potatoes. No butter, onions, garlic, gravy, sour cream
- Yes/cranberry sauce. Keep it to small amount because of the sugar content.
- Yes/mac n cheese. Make sure your pal doesn’t have trouble digesting dairy.
- Yes/plain green beans
- No/alcohol. It’s toxic to animals. Careful on foods that may contain alcohol like fruit bread
- No/grapes or raisins. They are toxic and can cause kidney failure
- No/onions, garlic, leeks, scallions. Can lead to toxic anemia.